Getting married and buying a home are two of your biggest life events. It’s an exciting time, but it can also become complicated. Here are the best tips to help simplify the process.
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Get organized. With flowers to order, a photographer to arrange, and music to select before you walk down the aisle, adding a home purchase into the mix can make things even more complex. Installing an organizational system can help you stay on track by easing communication and clarifying timelines. You can purchase a readymade version or create your own “command center” by following these simple steps from Southern Living:
- Sort your ideas and sketch a plan. You may want a cork board, a calendar, a spot to hang keys, magnetic board, and storage bins. Decide what you need and how to arrange it.
- Measure your space and lay out your design with painter’s tape. Hold your components up and adjust your layout as necessary.
- Remove the tape one section at a time and install each item as you go.
- Add personal embellishments to make it more enjoyable to use and view.
- With your new system in place you can get and stay organized.
Buying a house. Purchasing a new house is another big step that requires a lot of preparation and planning. Before you make that commitment, consider the five things experts say you need to do:
- Check your credit score. This is one of the main things a lender will consider when deciding how much to loan you.
- Organize your documents. Your bank will require several documents from the past two years, such as tax returns and bank statements.
- Review your cash flow. Look at how much “extra” you have once bills are paid. You may need to track your spending habits for a couple months to figure it out. This will give you a better understanding of where your money is going and how your lender will view your application.
- Debt-to-income ratio. Evaluate how much you already owe and compare it with your income. Your bank will allow around a 36 percent margin.
- Your down payment. Lenders will consider this in your purchase. If you have trouble pulling funds together, you may need to talk with your bank about special loans.
Once you know what you can afford, you should hire a realtor to act as your buying agent. Experts at Forbes explain that even if you are qualified to handle the process yourself, it may still be better to hire a professional. A realtor will know the market, assist with negotiating, and get you through the legalities involved.
Finally, it’s wise to consider looking at foreclosures as an option, but you’ll need to do your research. Professionals say you should weigh the pros and cons of purchasing a foreclosed home. While you may find a very inexpensive home or get into a better neighborhood than you could otherwise afford, the property could come with repairs to make or even some debts attached. It can also be a very time-consuming process.
Making your move. Once you have found your new house it’s time to plan your move. The experts at NewHomeSource offer a terrific infographic covering these guidelines to walk you through the process:
- Find a mover. Research, ask questions, get quotes and make comparisons. The average cost to hire a moving company for a local move is around $2,300 based on where you live, so be sure to review your budget carefully to determine if this is the best route.
- Start packing. Box up decorative items first and save your daily necessities for last. Be sure to label boxes as you go.
- Plan your changes. Think about how things will look in your new home and where you want them arranged. Consider what furniture you need and any purchases you will make.
- Moving day details. Plan accommodations for any children or pets during the move. Update your address and other contact information with government institutions, banks, workplaces, friends, and family members. Have energy sources, trash pick up and internet lined up. Finalize paperwork and insurance matters, and stock up on moving day snacks.
- Home sweet home. Don’t wait to completely unpack and settle in to show your gratitude to the people who helped make moving into your dream home a reality. Bust out the paper plates, fire up that new gas grill you received for a wedding gift, and invite friends and family over for a simple, delicious meal like grilled vegetable risotto and pineapple steak skewers to thank them for their love and support. This is also a great way to meet your new neighbors.
Your new life together. These tips should help things go smoothly through your big life events. Set up an organizer to keep chaos in check while making your arrangements. Remember these guidelines for buying your home and moving. Congratulations on taking these big steps in your life journey!
Image via Pexels
Despite what your Instagram feed may say, most people prefer the ease and convenience of having their weddings right in the town in which they live. One thing that a hometown wedding ensures is that there will be ample traffic through your home — even if you aren’t having a backyard wedding! From receiving out-of-town guests to having a place for bridesmaids to get read, there are a lot of reasons you may want your home to be in tip-top shape for the big day. Here’s how you can do that without breaking the bank or losing your mind. Continue reading Three Ways to Prepare Yourself and Your Home for Your Wedding Day
Let’s be honest, weddings are an expensive event. Any time you mention the word ‘wedding’ to a supplier, it will no doubt raise the cost. Now whilst any couple will want their wedding day to be special, that does not mean you need to spend an absolute fortune on all aspects of the day.
Making sure you plan your wedding day and think about ways to reduce the overall cost are important, especially when you are trying to plan it on a budget.
In this post, we have come up with 20 ways that could help reduce the money you spend, whilst still being able to have a great wedding. Whether you choose to follow a couple of them or combine them all – there are some great ideas to save some money. Continue reading How to Plan a Wedding on a Small Budget
Here at Feel the Magic we are always looking for ways to improve the offering we have to make your wedding day special!! Well now we are offering the chance for you to order your initials to have at your wedding day…
It is a great way of being unique at your wedding day. They will be available either on their own or alongside our 4ft LOVE Letters. We are currently producing an ‘A’ ‘&’ ‘K’ ready for a wedding in October.
They don’t look much at the moment, but we will keep you up to date with how they are going and they will look great next to our LOVE Letters…
If you are interested in booking our LOVE letters or are getting married next year and would be interested in ordering your initials, as we build up the alphabet we will need a lead time, but either way send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.
Don’t forget to bookmark our website to keep up-to-date with the process of building the letters and our progress to building up our Hire offering. Don’t forget to check our our wedding stationary ranges to find great deals on our hire items if you use us…
the Feel the Magic team
Well, Saturday Night was busy as we were at the Arden Club in S0lihull with our Magic Mirror celebrating Rob’s 60th Birthday and that Rob & Jill were retiring to explore their own ventures. Congratulations to you both!!
We still have available dates this year and have a cracking deal for those interested in taking advantage!!
If you are getting married or are planning a celebration (birthday, engagement, etc.) on any of these dates and would like to have something a little different for you to capture great memories, then get in touch via email@example.com
You can also take advantage of this offer if you are getting married next year, as long as you book by the end of July.
Well, we were celebrating the engagement of Arjun & Monica this weekend and the Magic Mirror got a lot of use. Anyone interested in hiring out our Photo Booth or any of our other hire items. Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
A busy weekend saw us out again Saturday night with the Magic Mirror. This was a more relaxed environment celebrating Ross & Julie’s Wedding. Having got married in Cyprus, they then organised a reception back in the UK at Knowle British Legion. Congratulations to you both from Feel the Magic Ltd. It was the first time, for a while that Gem and I took the mirror out for the evening.
We were at the Holte Suite at Villa Park for a Leaver’s Prom for Birmingham College Friday Night. Our Magic Mirror went down really well with the 150 young adults there. Good Luck in your Future from Feel the Magic.
On the 9th June 2018 we were at the Regency Hotel in Shirley with our Magic Mirror Photo Booth. The guest loved it and couldn’t wait to have a go. It still surprises us how many say they have never seen one like it before.
We also had our LOVE Letters on display, these give an amazing glow to any dance floor.
Why not hire our Magic Mirror and add some sparkle to any event. If you are interested or have any questions, please get in touch at email@example.com
See the feedback we got from Rebecca & Dave:
“Amazing feedback once again for yesterday’s couple. Congratulations Rebecca and David…
Thanks Gemma it was a fantastic day and topped off with the mirror and lights. Everyone said the mirror was fantastic and how it topped the day off.I will always recommend you if people are after them things.great service